Stainless Steel Coupling Gear Rigid Roller Chain Fluid Tyre Grid Jaw Spider HRC Nm Motor Flange Gear Pump Rubber Spline Shaft Flexible Universal Joint Coupling
Coupling refers to a device that connects 2 shafts or shafts and rotating parts, rotates together during the transmission of motion and power, and does not disengage under normal conditions. Sometimes it is also used as a safety device to prevent the connected parts from bearing excessive load, which plays the role of overload protection.
Couplings can be divided into rigid couplings and flexible couplings.
Rigid couplings do not have buffering property and the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes. It is required that the 2 axes be strictly aligned. However, such couplings are simple in structure, low in manufacturing cost, convenient in assembly and disassembly, and maintenance, which can ensure that the 2 axes are relatively neutral, have large transmission torque, and are widely used. Commonly used are flange coupling, sleeve coupling and jacket coupling.
Flexible coupling can also be divided into flexible coupling without elastic element and flexible coupling with elastic element. The former type only has the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes, but cannot cushion and reduce vibration. Common types include slider coupling, gear coupling, universal coupling and chain coupling; The latter type contains elastic elements. In addition to the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes, it also has the functions of buffering and vibration reduction. However, due to the strength of elastic elements, the transmitted torque is generally inferior to that of flexible couplings without elastic elements. Common types include elastic sleeve pin couplings, elastic pin couplings, quincunx couplings, tire type couplings, serpentine spring couplings, spring couplings, etc
1) Mobility. The movability of the coupling refers to the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 rotating components. Factors such as manufacturing and installation errors between connected components, temperature changes during operation and deformation under load all put CZPT requirements for mobility. The movable performance compensates or alleviates the additional load between shafts, bearings, couplings and other components caused by the relative displacement between rotating components.
(2) Buffering. For the occasions where the load is often started or the working load changes, the coupling shall be equipped with elastic elements that play the role of cushioning and vibration reduction to protect the prime mover and the working machine from little or no damage.
(3) Safe, reliable, with sufficient strength and service life.
(4) Simple structure, easy to assemble, disassemble and maintain.
How to select the appropriate coupling type
The following items should be considered when selecting the coupling type.
1. The size and nature of the required transmission torque, the requirements for buffering and damping functions, and whether resonance may occur.
2. The relative displacement of the axes of the 2 shafts is caused by manufacturing and assembly errors, shaft load and thermal expansion deformation, and relative movement between components.
3. Permissible overall dimensions and installation methods, and necessary operating space for assembly, adjustment and maintenance. For large couplings, they should be able to be disassembled without axial movement of the shaft.
In addition, the working environment, service life, lubrication, sealing, economy and other conditions should also be considered, and a suitable coupling type should be selected by referring to the characteristics of various couplings.
If you cannot determine the type, you can contact our professional engineer
Main production equipment:
Large lathe, surface grinder, milling machine, gear shaper, spline milling machine, horizontal broaching machine, gear hobbing machine, shaper, slotting machine, bench drilling machine, radial drilling machine, boring machine, band sawing machine, horizontal lathe, end milling machine, crankshaft grinder, CNC milling machine, casting equipment, etc.
Dynamic balance tester, high-speed intelligent carbon and sulfur analyzer, Blochon optical hardness tester, Leeb hardness tester, magnetic yoke flaw detector, special detection, modular fixture (self-made), etc.
Application – Photos from our partner customers
Our leading products are mechanical transmission basic parts – couplings, mainly including universal couplings, drum gear couplings, elastic couplings and other 3 categories of more than 30 series of varieties. It is widely used in metallurgical steel rolling, wind power, hydropower, mining, engineering machinery, petrochemical, lifting, paper making, rubber, rail transit, shipbuilding and marine engineering and other industries.
Our factory takes the basic parts of national standards as the benchmark, has more than 40 years of coupling production experience, takes “scientific management, pioneering and innovation, ensuring quality and customer satisfaction” as the quality policy, and aims to continuously provide users with satisfactory products and services. The production is guided by reasonable process, and the ISO9001:2015 quality management system standard is strictly implemented. We adhere to the principle of continuous improvement and innovation of coupling products. In recent years, it has successfully developed 10 national patent products such as SWF cross shaft universal coupling, among which the double cross shaft universal joint has won the national invention patent, SWF cross shaft universal coupling has won the new product award of China’s general mechanical parts coupling industry and the ZHangZhoug Province new product science and technology project.
Our factory has strong technical force, excellent process equipment, complete professional production equipment, perfect detection means, excellent after-sales service, various products and complete specifications. At the same time, we can provide the design and manufacturing of special non-standard products according to the needs of users. Our products sell well at home and abroad, and are trusted by the majority of users. We sincerely welcome friends from all walks of life at home and abroad to visit and negotiate for common development.p
Key Parameters in Designing a Fluid Coupling System
Designing a fluid coupling system requires careful consideration of various parameters to ensure optimal performance and efficiency. Here are the key parameters to take into account:
- Power Rating: Determine the power requirements of the connected equipment to select a fluid coupling with an appropriate power rating. Undersized couplings may lead to overheating and premature wear, while oversized couplings can result in energy losses.
- Input and Output Speeds: Consider the rotational speeds of the input and output shafts to ensure the fluid coupling can accommodate the desired speed range without slipping or exceeding its limitations.
- Torque Capacity: Calculate the maximum torque expected in the system and choose a fluid coupling with a torque capacity that exceeds this value to handle occasional overloads and prevent damage.
- Fluid Viscosity: The viscosity of the fluid inside the coupling affects its torque transmission capabilities. Select a fluid viscosity suitable for the application and operating conditions.
- Start-Up and Load Conditions: Analyze the start-up torque and load variations during operation. The fluid coupling should be capable of handling these conditions without excessive slip or stress on the drivetrain.
- Environmental Factors: Consider the ambient temperature, humidity, and potential exposure to contaminants. Ensure the fluid coupling’s materials and sealing mechanisms can withstand the environmental conditions.
- Size and Weight: Optimize the size and weight of the fluid coupling to minimize space requirements and facilitate installation and maintenance.
- Torsional Resonance: Evaluate torsional resonances in the system and select a fluid coupling with appropriate damping characteristics to mitigate vibrations.
- Overload Protection: Determine if overload protection features, such as slip or torque limiting, are necessary to safeguard the connected equipment from damage.
- Compatibility: Ensure the fluid coupling is compatible with the specific application, including the type of driven equipment, its mechanical characteristics, and any other interrelated components in the drivetrain.
- Operational Costs: Consider the long-term operational costs, maintenance requirements, and efficiency of the fluid coupling to optimize the overall lifecycle cost of the system.
- Safety Standards: Adhere to relevant safety standards and regulations in the design and installation of the fluid coupling system to ensure safe and reliable operation.
By carefully evaluating these parameters and selecting a fluid coupling that aligns with the specific requirements of the application, engineers can design a reliable and efficient fluid coupling system for various industrial and power transmission applications.
Safety Features in Modern Fluid Coupling Designs
Modern fluid coupling designs incorporate various safety features to ensure the reliable and secure operation of the equipment. Here are some of the key safety features commonly found in modern fluid couplings:
1. Overload Protection: One of the primary safety features in modern fluid couplings is overload protection. In the event of an abrupt increase in load or torque, the fluid coupling slips, absorbing the excess torque and preventing damage to the connected equipment. This feature safeguards against mechanical failures and protects the machinery.
2. Torque Limiting: Fluid couplings are designed with torque limiting capabilities, which allow them to control the maximum torque transmitted to the driven equipment. By setting the torque limit within a safe operating range, the fluid coupling prevents excessive stresses on the system, ensuring longevity and reliability.
3. Automatic Overheat Protection: Some fluid couplings are equipped with automatic overheat protection mechanisms. If the fluid coupling’s operating temperature exceeds a predefined threshold, the protection system disengages the coupling temporarily until the temperature returns to a safe level. This prevents damage due to overheating and enhances safety.
4. Backstop or Holdback Device: In certain applications where reverse rotation is a concern, fluid couplings may include a backstop or holdback device. This feature prevents the driven equipment from rotating in the opposite direction, enhancing safety during sudden stops or reversals.
5. Fail-Safe Operation: Many modern fluid couplings are designed to operate in a fail-safe manner. In the event of any malfunction or failure, the coupling defaults to a safe mode, allowing the equipment to continue operating at reduced capacity or gradually shut down, avoiding catastrophic failures.
6. Seal Protection: Proper sealing is crucial for fluid couplings, especially in harsh environments. Modern designs often include advanced seal protection features to prevent oil leakage and contamination, ensuring environmental safety and reducing maintenance requirements.
7. Low Noise and Vibration: Reduced noise and vibration levels in fluid couplings contribute to operator safety and comfort. The damping properties of the fluid coupling help minimize vibrations, creating a quieter and more stable working environment.
8. Emergency Stop Capability: Some fluid couplings may have emergency stop provisions to quickly disengage the coupling in critical situations. This feature allows for rapid shutdowns in emergencies, preventing accidents and protecting personnel.
9. Condition Monitoring: Advanced fluid coupling designs may include condition monitoring capabilities. This allows operators to monitor the coupling’s performance, temperature, and other parameters in real-time, facilitating predictive maintenance and avoiding unexpected failures.
Overall, the incorporation of these safety features in modern fluid coupling designs ensures the protection of machinery, operators, and the surrounding environment. These safety measures enhance the reliability, efficiency, and longevity of equipment, making fluid couplings a safe and valuable choice for power transmission in various industrial applications.
Use of Fluid Couplings in Horizontal and Vertical Shaft Arrangements
Yes, fluid couplings can be used in both horizontal and vertical shaft arrangements, providing flexible power transmission solutions for various industrial applications.
1. Horizontal Shaft Arrangements:
In horizontal shaft arrangements, the fluid coupling is installed between the driving and driven shafts, which are positioned horizontally and parallel to each other. The fluid coupling allows torque to be transmitted smoothly from the driving shaft to the driven shaft, enabling the machinery or equipment to start up gradually without abrupt shocks or overloading. This feature is especially beneficial in applications where heavy loads need to be accelerated smoothly, such as conveyors, crushers, and pumps.
2. Vertical Shaft Arrangements:
In vertical shaft arrangements, the fluid coupling is used to connect the driving and driven shafts, which are positioned vertically and aligned on top of each other. The fluid coupling allows for torque transmission and controlled acceleration, just like in horizontal arrangements. Vertical shaft fluid couplings are commonly used in applications such as vertical conveyors, hoists, and elevators, where they provide smooth starting and stopping of the equipment, preventing sudden jolts and reducing stress on the machinery.
Fluid couplings offer versatility in power transmission and are adaptable to various shaft arrangements, making them suitable for a wide range of industrial setups. Whether the application involves horizontal or vertical shafts, fluid couplings play a crucial role in enhancing the performance, safety, and efficiency of power transmission systems.
editor by CX 2023-08-09