|Product Name||1/4″(6.4mm) Hose Barbed Plastic Connector to Non-Valved Female Body Fitting POM Quick Connect Couplings for Fluid Control System|
|Usage||Standard flow quick-disconnect couplings require a body and an insert in the same flow size. Plug insert into body to connect fitting and easily disconnect the fitting by simply press the thumb latch.|
|Application||medical devices, laboratory, life science, biopharmaceutical, biochemical analysis, bioengineering, circulating water cooling pipe system, water treatment and disinfection, food&beverage, packaging machinery, industrial and hundreds of other applications;|
|Seal Ring Material||Buna-N/FKM/EPDM/Silicone rubber, depend on your usage|
|Valve Spring||316 Stainless Steel|
|Temperature Range||32°F – 180°F (0°C – 82°C)|
|Pressure Range||Vacuum to 100 psi, 6.9bar|
|Valve Option||Valved(shut off) or Non-valved (straight through)|
|Shape Option||Panel Mount/In-line/Elbow/NPT Threaded;|
|Hose Barb Size||1/16″ =1.6mm (01); 1/8″= 3.2mm (02); 3/16″= 4.8mm (03);
1/4″=6.4mm (04); 5/16″=8mm (05); 3/8″=9.6mm (06);
|Threaded End||1/8″-27NPT, 1/4″-18NPT Male Thread|
1/4″ Flow rate, 1/4″(6.4mm), 5/16″(8mm),3/8″(9.5mm) Hose Barb Coupling
Related Products You May Like
1/4″ Flow Rate All Plastic Series Couplings
1/8″ Flow Rate Medium Series Couplings
1/16″ Flow Rate Small Series Couplings
Q1: Are you trading company or manufacturer?
A1: We are 15 years factory. Welcome to visit our factory.
Q2:What is your sample policy?
1. Only for terminal manufacturer;
2. Please kindly provide detail information of company for sample application process. Sample is available after confirmed and approved by management;
3.The international freight cost should be paid by the applicant;
Q3:What is your terms of payment?
A3: 100% payment before delivery; T/T 50% as deposit when mass customization, the balance before shipment.
Q4: How about your delivery time?
A4: Generally, it will take about 7-15 days after payment confirmed. The specific delivery time depends on the items and the ordered quantity .
Q5:What’s the shipping way?
A5: Usually by DHL, UPS, TNT, FedEx express or as your request.
Q6: Can you produce according to the samples?
A6: Yes, we can produce by your samples or technical drawings. We accept ODM & OEM.
Fluid Couplings in Wind Turbines for Power Generation
Yes, fluid couplings can be used in wind turbines for power generation, and they play a significant role in optimizing the performance and efficiency of the turbine system. In a wind turbine, the fluid coupling is typically installed between the rotor hub and the main gearbox.
Here’s how fluid couplings are beneficial in wind turbines:
- Soft Start and Load Distribution: During the startup phase, the wind turbine experiences varying wind speeds, and a fluid coupling allows for a smooth soft start by gradually transferring torque from the rotor to the gearbox. This reduces mechanical stress on the components and prevents sudden load shocks.
- Torque Limiting: In high wind conditions, when the wind speed exceeds the rated limit, the fluid coupling can slip, decoupling the rotor from the gearbox. This torque limiting feature protects the gearbox and other drivetrain components from overloading and potential damage.
- Torsional Vibration Damping: Wind turbines are subject to dynamic loads and torsional vibrations due to wind gusts. The fluid coupling acts as a torsional damper, damping these vibrations and ensuring smoother and stable operation of the system.
- Overload Protection: If there is a sudden increase in wind speed, causing an overload condition, the fluid coupling helps absorb the excess torque and protects the turbine from overloading.
- Contamination Prevention: Wind turbine environments are often exposed to dust, dirt, and moisture. The fluid coupling provides an enclosed and sealed environment for the drivetrain, preventing contaminants from entering and extending the life of internal components.
- Redundancy: Some wind turbine designs employ multiple drivetrain stages, including redundant fluid couplings. This redundancy can enhance the reliability and safety of the turbine by providing backup systems in case of component failures.
- Energy Efficiency: By facilitating smooth start-ups and load distribution, fluid couplings contribute to the overall energy efficiency of the wind turbine system. This allows the turbine to harness wind energy more effectively and generate electricity efficiently.
Incorporating fluid couplings in wind turbines helps improve their overall performance, reliability, and lifespan while reducing maintenance requirements and operating costs. As a result, they are commonly used in modern wind turbine designs to optimize power generation from renewable wind resources.
Role of Fluid Coupling in Torque Multiplication and Power Transfer
A fluid coupling is a mechanical device used to transmit power between two shafts without direct physical contact. It operates on the principles of fluid dynamics and hydrokinetics to enable torque multiplication and efficient power transfer. Here’s how a fluid coupling achieves these functions:
- Hydrodynamic Torque Converter: A fluid coupling is essentially a hydrodynamic torque converter. When the input shaft (driving shaft) rotates, it sets the transmission fluid inside the coupling in motion. The fluid experiences centrifugal forces, creating a high-velocity zone near the outer circumference and a low-velocity zone near the center. This velocity difference generates torque in the fluid coupling, allowing power to be transmitted from the input shaft to the output shaft (driven shaft).
- Torque Multiplication: One of the primary advantages of a fluid coupling is its ability to provide torque multiplication. During startup or when the load on the driven shaft is initially low, the fluid coupling slips to some extent, which allows the input shaft to rotate at a higher speed than the output shaft. This speed difference results in torque multiplication, enabling the fluid coupling to handle higher loads during acceleration or heavy starting conditions.
- Power Transfer Efficiency: Fluid couplings offer high power transfer efficiency due to the hydrodynamic nature of their operation. The smooth and continuous transmission of power through the fluid medium minimizes energy losses and mechanical wear, leading to more efficient power transmission compared to mechanical clutches or direct-coupling methods.
- Load Adaptability: Fluid couplings automatically adjust their slip to adapt to changing load conditions. When the load on the output shaft increases, the fluid coupling slips more, allowing the output shaft to slow down slightly and match the load demand. This load adaptability ensures smooth and stable power transfer even under varying operating conditions.
Fluid couplings are commonly used in applications where torque multiplication and smooth power transfer are essential. They find widespread use in heavy machinery, mining equipment, conveyors, crushers, marine propulsion systems, and many other industrial applications. By efficiently transferring power while providing torque multiplication, fluid couplings help optimize the performance and longevity of power transmission systems.
Proper selection of the fluid coupling based on the application’s torque and power requirements is crucial to ensure optimal torque multiplication and power transfer. Additionally, regular maintenance and monitoring of the fluid coupling’s condition are essential to maintain its efficiency and reliability over time.
Selecting the Right Size of Fluid Coupling for Your Application
To ensure optimal performance and efficiency, it’s essential to choose the right size of fluid coupling for a specific application. Here are the key steps in the selection process:
- Identify the Application Requirements: Understand the torque and power requirements of your application. Determine the maximum torque and power that the fluid coupling needs to transmit to meet the operational demands of the machinery or equipment.
- Check the Speed Range: Consider the speed range of your application. Ensure that the fluid coupling can operate effectively within the desired speed range, providing adequate torque transfer across the entire speed spectrum.
- Consider the Fluid Coupling Type: Choose the appropriate type of fluid coupling based on the specific needs of your application. Hydrodynamic fluid couplings are suitable for applications requiring smooth and gradual torque transmission, while constant-fill fluid couplings are more suitable for applications where some slip is acceptable.
- Calculate the Service Factor: Determine the service factor, which accounts for any additional loads or impacts the fluid coupling may experience during operation. Multiply the maximum torque requirement by the service factor to obtain the design torque.
- Refer to Manufacturer Data: Consult the manufacturer’s data sheets and specifications for various fluid coupling models. Compare the design torque with the torque capacity of different fluid coupling sizes to find the most suitable match for your application.
- Consider Safety Margins: It’s advisable to apply safety margins to ensure reliable operation. Select a fluid coupling with a torque capacity higher than the calculated design torque to account for potential variations in load or operating conditions.
- Verify Space Constraints: Ensure that the selected fluid coupling fits within the available space in your machinery or equipment, considering any installation restrictions or dimensional limitations.
By following these steps and carefully evaluating the requirements of your specific application, you can select the right size of fluid coupling that will deliver optimal performance, efficiency, and reliability.
editor by CX 2023-11-10