Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Rigid coupling||Flange coupling||Oldham coupling|
|Sleeve or muff coupling||Gear coupling||Bellow coupling|
|Split muff coupling||Flexible coupling||Fluid coupling|
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling||Universal coupling||Variable speed coupling|
|Bushed pin-type coupling||Diaphragm coupling||Constant speed coupling|
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
Maintenance-Free Fluid Coupling Options
Yes, there are maintenance-free fluid coupling options available in the market. Advances in fluid coupling technology have led to the development of maintenance-free or low-maintenance designs that offer extended service intervals and reduced downtime.
These maintenance-free fluid couplings typically incorporate features that minimize wear and prolong the operating life of the coupling, reducing the need for regular maintenance and lubrication.
Some of the key features and technologies found in maintenance-free fluid couplings include:
- Sealed Design: Maintenance-free fluid couplings often come with a sealed design that prevents the ingress of contaminants and dirt, reducing the risk of internal damage and wear.
- High-Quality Materials: These couplings are constructed using high-quality materials that exhibit excellent durability and resistance to wear, ensuring a longer lifespan.
- Lubrication-Free Operation: Certain maintenance-free fluid couplings utilize special fluid formulations that provide long-lasting lubrication, eliminating the need for frequent fluid changes or refills.
- Robust Bearings: Maintenance-free fluid couplings are equipped with robust bearings that can withstand high loads and operate smoothly without the need for regular maintenance.
- Advanced Monitoring Systems: Some modern fluid couplings are equipped with advanced monitoring and diagnostic systems that provide real-time data on coupling performance, enabling proactive maintenance planning and minimizing unexpected failures.
By opting for a maintenance-free fluid coupling, industries can benefit from reduced maintenance costs, improved reliability, and increased productivity. These couplings are particularly valuable in applications where access to equipment for regular maintenance is challenging or in remote locations where maintenance resources may be limited.
However, it’s essential to note that the specific maintenance requirements may vary depending on the manufacturer and the application. It is advisable to consult with the coupling manufacturer or supplier to select the most suitable maintenance-free fluid coupling based on the operating conditions and requirements of the machinery or equipment.
Role of Fluid Coupling in Reducing Mechanical Stress on Connected Equipment
A fluid coupling is a mechanical device used to transmit power between two shafts without direct physical contact. It plays a crucial role in reducing mechanical stress on connected equipment, offering several benefits in various industrial applications. Here’s how a fluid coupling achieves this:
- Smooth Power Transmission: Fluid couplings use hydraulic principles to transmit torque. When the input shaft (driving shaft) rotates, it imparts motion to the fluid inside the coupling. The fluid transmits torque to the output shaft (driven shaft) through the hydraulic coupling, resulting in smooth and gradual power transmission. This eliminates sudden jerks and mechanical shocks that could otherwise lead to increased stress on connected equipment.
- Damping Effect: Fluid couplings act as a damping element, absorbing vibrations and torsional oscillations from the driving shaft. This damping effect helps reduce mechanical stress on connected equipment by mitigating the impact of sudden load changes and torsional vibrations that may occur during start-ups, shut-downs, or varying operating conditions.
- Torque Limiting: In high-load situations, a fluid coupling can provide torque limiting capabilities. When the load exceeds a certain threshold, the fluid coupling slips, preventing excessive torque from reaching the driven shaft. This feature acts as a protective mechanism, preventing overloading and mechanical stress on both the coupling and connected equipment.
- Shock Absorption: In applications where shock loads or overloads are common, a fluid coupling can absorb and dampen the impact of such events. This ability to cushion shocks prevents abrupt changes in torque and rotational speed, reducing mechanical stress and potential damage to the equipment.
- Speed Control: In certain applications, fluid couplings can facilitate speed control of the driven shaft by adjusting the amount of fluid in the coupling. The ability to control the speed of connected equipment without abrupt changes contributes to smoother operation and lower mechanical stress.
By incorporating a fluid coupling into a power transmission system, mechanical stress on connected equipment can be significantly reduced, leading to improved equipment reliability, extended component life, and reduced maintenance costs. Fluid couplings are commonly used in heavy machinery, conveyors, crushers, mining equipment, marine propulsion systems, and various other industrial applications where smooth and controlled power transmission is critical.
It is important to select the appropriate fluid coupling size, type, and features based on the specific application requirements to ensure optimal performance and stress reduction. Regular maintenance and adherence to the manufacturer’s guidelines are essential to preserve the benefits of using fluid couplings and maintain their effectiveness in reducing mechanical stress on connected equipment.
Environmental Concerns Related to Fluid Coupling Operation
Fluid couplings are generally considered environmentally friendly and pose minimal direct environmental concerns during their operation. They do not contain hazardous materials or produce harmful emissions, making them a relatively safe choice for power transmission systems.
However, it is essential to consider some potential indirect environmental impacts associated with the use of fluid couplings in certain applications:
- Energy Efficiency: As discussed earlier, fluid couplings can improve energy efficiency in power transmission systems. By reducing energy wastage and optimizing torque transmission, they indirectly contribute to lower energy consumption. Energy efficiency is crucial in industries where high power consumption may have environmental implications due to increased energy demand from power plants.
- Maintenance Practices: Regular maintenance is essential to ensure optimal performance and longevity of fluid couplings. Proper maintenance reduces the risk of leaks and other potential issues that could lead to fluid spillage. Implementing sound maintenance practices can prevent environmental contamination and contribute to sustainable operations.
- Fluid Selection: The choice of fluid used in the coupling can impact the environment. While most fluid couplings use environmentally safe hydraulic fluids, it is essential to ensure that the selected fluid complies with environmental regulations and does not pose any environmental hazards if accidentally released.
- End-of-Life Disposal: At the end of their lifecycle, fluid couplings may need to be disposed of properly. The recycling or disposal of fluid couplings should follow local environmental regulations to minimize any potential environmental impact.
Overall, fluid couplings themselves are not a significant source of environmental concerns. Still, it is essential to consider their indirect impacts, such as energy efficiency, maintenance practices, fluid selection, and end-of-life disposal, to ensure responsible and environmentally conscious use.
editor by CX 2023-09-08